Chapter 85

Curtain Call: Fame the Musical (2)

-----------


Early in the Spring Festival this year, Waiting for the Midnight Sun ended its premiere in Huacheng a step ahead. A few steps behind, the Spring Festival arrived.

Blockbuster Studio was closed on the twenty-fifth day of the twelfth lunar month. For the remaining few days, Tan Yiming continued to buy Spring Festival goods with Xiang Cai. Although online shopping was now well-developed, it was still fun to go to the crowded supermarket to purchase Spring Festival goods, to listen to the song "Congratulations for Getting Rich, Congratulations for Being Wonderful" on the supermarket stereo, and to snatch the clearance eggs with grandpas and aunts; that was the special vibe of the Spring Festival.

Xiang Cai had the snacks that he wanted to eat, the fruits he wanted to buy, all the chicken, duck, and fish he desired, and even the rare off-season ice cream...As long as he glanced at the item, Tan Yiming would stuff it into the shopping cart as if it didn’t cost money.

Xiang Cai said: "How old am I, still buying snacks to try out."

"How are you old? You are still a kid in your early twenties." Tan · 30-year-old mature adult · Yiming took another bag of snacks from the shelf and displayed it to Xiang Cai.

Xiang Cai didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, and asked him, "I'm a kid in my early twenties, so when I'm 30, will I still be a kid?"

"When you are thirty, then I will be almost forty." Tan Yiming replied casually while comparing two packs of shampoos with different prices and different capacities. "As long as I am older than you, in my eyes, you will always be a little friend."

"..."

Xiang Cai was silent. Suddenly, he rushed forward, and tightly wrapped Tan Yiming's waist from behind. He put his head on the man's back and remained in the embrace for a moment.

Tan Yiming was startled, held the hand on his waist and patted it lightly, then coaxed: "I said that you are a kid, and you really started acting like a baby?"

Xiang Cai hid his face in his clothes, and said with his voice muffled: "...Do you have an opinion on it?"

"No opinion." Tan Yiming said in a low voice, "If only you were so coquettish in bed... ai ai ai, it hurts, don't pinch me !!"



As the Spring Festival approached, more and more new year greetings were exchanged.

Tan Yiming’s mobile phone received dozens of new year greetings a day, all of which were copied and pasted before being forward to everyone in their contact list. Some even forgot to change the name of the person they were blessing.

Tan Yiming didn't bother to click it. The message notification logo on his WeChat had jumped to four digits. Xiang Cai just glanced at the red notification symbols dotting his screen, and felt that he was about to be diagnosed with OCD.

George tried something new, and sent a Spring Festival e-card from abroad.

The animated greeting card slowly unfolded. He and his wife, Shang Xiaorui, stood side by side in front of the camera, each holding a child who seemed to be carved out of pink jade in their arms. The boy wore a golden Tang suit with a small braid attached to the hat on his head; the girl wore a small pink cheongsam with two balls on her head. The two children held hands and shouted in unskilled Chinese: "Happy Spring Festival red envelope!"

The background sound of the e-card was specifically selected to be the classic “Spring Festival Overture", which is very lively, along with the special effects of the crackling of firecrackers.

Tan Yiming skillfully sent George a two-hundred-yuan WeChat red envelope, saying that it was lucky money for the two children.

George joked: "Two-hundred renminbi for the Spring Festival is a bit stingy! Boss Tan, you should at least give two hundred dollars."

Tan Yiming said with pain: "Hey, hey, think about how many red envelopes I have already given you? When you married, I gave red envelopes, when you had your first child, I gave red envelopes, when you had your second child, I gave red envelopes... …You count, how many red envelopes all up? I can’t get those red envelopes reciprocated!!  You can’t slander me, a gay man, for shearing wool*!"

[T/N: * = to take advantage of red envelopes and other online money opportunities I think]

"Hahaha," George laughed, "All right, I’ll spare your wallet this time!"

"Hang up already, you winner of life."

"Wait!" George said. "Yesterday I met Professor Ikeda and Director Jonah Brown at the company. They both asked me to pass on well wishes to you on their behalf."

"Well, thank them for me." Tan Yiming said, "I will visit them next time I go to record at Blizzard."

"Okay, I guess you’re pretty busy over there, too, so I won't bother you anymore." George said, "I'll hang up, let’s talk later."

“En, goodbye."

He had just put down his phone for a few minutes but it rang again. However, this time, it was not a call, but a QQ.

He was contacted by an old friend, the president of the Voice of Jiuxiao Radio Drama Community, second son.

In fact, many people in Blockbuster Studio came out of the Voice of Jiuxiao. In recent years, online dubbing has declined, so many small and medium-sized clubs have disappeared in the torrent. However, the Voice of Jiuxiao Club was still very popular, because everyone knew that many well-known voice actors in the industry had emerged from that club.

The second son also sent Spring Festival messages, and at the same time to gossip about his little boyfriend.

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: I was so busy with vomiting blood last month that I couldn’t check Weibo for a few days, so I couldn't keep up with you!!!

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: Where did you kidnap your boyfriend from?

Yiming Qingyun: [Goose Opens Wings].jpg

Yiming Qingyun: How can this matter be called kidnapping?

Yiming Qingyun: I moved him with my tenderness, attracted him with my maturity, and fascinated him with my handsomeness...

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: I think your shamelessness is going to make me sick!!!

Yiming Qingyun: [Goose Lifts Off].jpg

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: Come on, which little cutie was seduced by you, old man?

Yiming Qingyun: [Goose Covers Face].jpg

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: Say it.

Yiming Qingyun: [Swan Question Mark Face].jpg

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: Stop delaying it. If you’re a man, please say it quickly!

Yiming Qingyun: I've said it.

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: ????

The phone fell into a long and strange silence.

After half a minute, Tan Yiming's QQ suddenly exploded.

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: Damn it, did I get that right???

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: Are you with that child from five years ago???

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: What's his name? I don't remember his name anymore, but I still remember his magical emoji pack!

Yiming Qingyun: His name is guess.

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: Yes, yes, that ID. Oh my God, how did you two get together!!!!

So Tan Yiming enthusiastically shared his bizarre love story and all its ups and downs with the second son.

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: Damn... What kind of dog-blooded story is that? You didn't know that he had fallen in love with you, and when you finally fell in love with him, he already had someone by his side... Isn’t that too many twists and turns?

Yiming Qingyun: Without going through such wind and rain, how could I embrace a beautiful person~

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: Stop the wind and rain, I have a headache.

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: That's just too much information for me to digest....i need to lay down and get some quiet.

Yiming Qingyun: Well, then I'm off too, I want Cai Cai.

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]:...

[Voice of Jiuxiao - Second Son]: Once again! Look at you!

Yiming Qingyun: [smile]

Tan Yiming successfully showed off his affection, so he triumphantly put his mobile phone back into his pocket.

He walked out of the bedroom. He thought that Xiang Cai would be in the living room, but he could only see Dabao lazily nibbling on the dog food.

There was also no sign of his lover in the kitchen nor bathroom nor dining room.
 

Then it can only be that place....

Tan Yiming walked to the practice room, and as expected, Xiang Cai was there.

After the two exchanged their feelings, Tan Yiming cheekily packed up Xiang Cai and his things the next day, and sent them to his bedroom.

Since they were family, why did they have to sleep in two separate rooms?!


[T/N: this chapter is still to be continued...]

***

Comments